Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Orders for Korea

Okay,
So I will go back to our history of being in the military soon, but the reason that I started this blog in the first place is to help me deal with the daily struggles, and the emotions that come with being separated for a long period of time.  I think understanding the history is important, but right now I am dealing with the current.


Scott had his final out yesterday from Fort Sam.  He was able to spend some time with his unit while waiting for BAMC to reopen so he could get a second signature on his profile.  One of the stops that he had before his final out was at ticketing where he got his tickets for his flight.  He leaves on the 20th, which is just 2.5 weeks away!!!  There are so many things that still need to happen before he leaves.  It seems like we knew about it for so long, that it was so far way, but now all of the sudden the date is coming at us like a freight train.  


I know that this is the best option for us, it allows us to stay here, and Scott will come back here for another 3 years, and then put in retirement paperwork.  That means that the kids will be able to stay in the same schools  for the remainder of their schooling.  Our other option would have been to wait until he came down on orders, and then move to where the military wants.  That would mean selling our house and uprooting our kids.  With Aidan being in High School, that isn't something that either one of us wants.  


So now we are preparing for him to be gone for a year.  It could be worse, he could be going to Iraq or Afghanistan.  I have dealt with him being gone before, I know I can do it again.  The kids are older, it should be easier, right?  I also have Mom, thank goodness, who will be here to help me and hopefully keep me sane.  I have tried to set up our schedule so that I don't have too many conflicts.  I want to be able to handle this without asking for a lot of help.  I know that I have several friends that will help out if I need them, but I hate to ask too much of anyone.  I mean really, it isn't their fault that my kids are overachievers or that I cannot tell my kids no that they cannot do an activity.  


So now the fun begins.  Scott is on leave, so he has time to spend with the kids, and for us to mentally prepare for this extended trip.  The movers come next week to get what he is shipping, but it will not be much as it seems they have fully furnished apartments. Hopefully the transition will go smoothly.  Only time will tell.  Follow along and see if I survive or wind up in a looney bin!!! LOL.

1 comment:

  1. WHAT A WONDERFUL WAY FOR YOU TO DEAL WITH YOUR JOURNEY AND A GREAT WAY FOR YOUR FRIENDS AND EXTENDED FAMILY TO SHARE IN YOUR TRIP ALONG THE WAY, GOING BACK TO THE BEGINNING AND YET IN THE HERE AND NOW. THANKS YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING-IT LETS US GET TO KNOW YOU SO MUCH BETTER BEING SO FAR AWAY ALL THESE YEARS.

    ReplyDelete