Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A New Direction

Hello there blog!  Been a long time since I have been here.  My original intention was to write about the good, the bad, and the ugly of dealing with My Hubby's tour in Korea.  Well, life kind of got in the way, and I was too busy to stop and blog.  Long story short, he went to Korea, came home for leave in the middle, went back again, and then came home the following fall.  I think it was more difficult to say goodbye the second time than it was the first.  But, he came back, and we have spent the past year and a half doing what all parents do...being busy.

So now, I need to revise my blog and make it more current.  I am still a mom of 3 wonderful kiddos, spread out between high school, junior high, and intermediate school.  All of them very active, doing their own things, which is keeping me on my toes.  My oldest (Thing One) is driving now, so that is a help to me as long as my hubby (lets call him, Sarge) is riding his Harley.  

I am not sure where I am headed with this blog now, but thought I would start with food.  We are always cooking in this house, and I am always out for a new recipe to try.  While we love food, we also try to be practical about it.  Feeding a family of six can get quite costly if I am not careful.  Last night we had pork tenderloin, so today I am using the leftovers to make Cuban Sandwiches.  I baked Cuban bread this morning to make the sandwiches with tonight.  

Later today, we will assemble the sandwiches, and as it is a go day, will probably be eating in shifts.  The Cuban sandwich has pork, ham, Swiss cheese, pickles and mustard.  These look like they will be awesome, but I think next time I will try and make individual loafs and go from there. 

Everyone, except for my mother is in and then out the door this evening.  Sarge directs our church choir, and Thing Two sings in it.  Thing One has Boy Scouts (almost has his Eagle!!!) and Thing Three is off to the gym for a 3.5 hour practice.  I stay at the gym, so I stay and work.  I also sing with the choir, but as Thing Three needs me in another town, I don't see it being frugal to drop her off, drive back for rehearsal, and return to pick her up.  Thank goodness I have an in with the director. 

So, I guess that is a start...I will try and visit my dear blog on a more regular basis, and you can see what's cooking in our abode.  

No comments:

Post a Comment