Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Anniversary

Today is my husband's anniversary!  He has been in the military for 22 years.  He has been stationed at (in order) Ansbach, Germany, Fort Hamilton, NY, The Presidio of San Francisco, CA, Fort Drum, NY, Bad Kreuznach, Germany, Mainz, Germany, Fort Knox KY, Fort Sam Houston, TX, and Seoul Korea. He was fortunate enough to see many countries in Europe, and also was part of Desert Storm as well as Operation Iraqi Freedom.  


I have been with him for most of the ride.  It has had its ups and downs, but for the most part we have enjoyed our time in the military. Many people do not understand military life.  It is different.  You have your blood family, but you also develop your own military family with bonds just as strong.  Many of the friends that we have made along the way continue to this day to be our support staff during his current separation.  I am thankful that I have these people in my life and  I look forward to Scott's return to Ft. Sam!  

No comments:

Post a Comment