Monday, February 14, 2011

Soccer

A week and a half ago, it was snowing.  Today starts soccer practices, and amazingly enough, it is 82 with a light breeze.  My girls do not have practice tonight since it is Valentine's day, so I had planned to grill some steaks and have a nice meal.  Aidan's team is practicing.  So I am sitting in the car, doing work, which is paying for my wireless card that I recently purchased, listening to the sounds that could probably lull a soccer parent to sleep.  Whistles, claps and shouts from the coaches revving the kids up trying to push them harder.  


It's hard to imaging that in two weeks they will be playing their first game of the season.  The season is scheduled to be over with by April 16th.  It seems so far away from now, but yet, it will happen soon enough.  One good thing that has occurred this year is that all three kids have soccer practice on Mondays and Wednesdays starting within 15 minutes of each other and about a 5-10 minute drive apart!  Yea!!! 


I am glad to see Aidan playing again.  He took the fall off after realizing that he cannot do everything.  I am glad he made the decision even though it cost a little money, I don't think there was any way he could have kept up with band, soccer, all advanced classes, and boy scouts.  


Mackenzie is back playing again this season.  I think she truly enjoys playing and it is good for her to be part of a team.  She has been with the same team since we moved to Texas, and feels pretty comfortable with them.  


Brigid has gone back and forth between wanting to play and not.  I was surprised this winter when she was the first one to tell me that she wanted to play.  I think it was because her "boyfriend" at the time also played soccer, and was also a goalie.  She is a pretty good little goalie.  We just need to work on her kicks, but she is not afraid of diving for the ball.  


None of my children will be superstars playing soccer, and you know what?  I am fine with that.  I am glad that they have an athletic activity that they enjoy doing.  It is good exercise and promotes teamwork.  


Let the season begin!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment