Thursday, February 3, 2011

Random cold thoughts

Started today with a trip to BAMC.  Aidan needed to be seen by a doctor, and when I called to schedule an appointment, was told that for "that" we needed to go to the ER.  I was surprised, and kind of frustrated, but off we went because I didn't want to risk his health.  I figure if he is coming to me asking for an appointment, then we should go.  Surprising, we did not have too bad of traffic on the way in to BAMC (during rush hour none the less), we were seen complete with ultrasound and released by around 11-ish.  Prescription: rest, ice and elevation.  That was an interesting discussion!!!


Unfortunately, my side trip prevented me from being able to help with the cookie drop.  Thank goodness that we have a great group of Leaders!  By the time I got to the TCM (troop cookie mom) she had all the cases lined up for booths, and the girls orders separated.  So I grabbed the girls orders, and headed home.


The weather has been crazy throughout the country, and hear is no different.  We did not get the major snowstorms that the mid-west did, but we are facing frigid temperatures.  We are looking at getting some snow overnight.  I am not sure if we actually will get anything, but they keep saying, and the kids keep hoping... The school district is supposed to make a decision by 5 am as to whether there will be school in the morning, or if there will be a delay.  It will depend on what the roads look like.  Aidan is out of school until Monday either way, with no sports for another week after that.


So the high today was about 27 degrees, and my funny of the day is the fact that soccer practices start in a week and a half, with the first game the weekend of the 26th.  UGH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment