Thursday, February 21, 2013

What to fix???

Have you ever had one of those days when your brain just cannot figure out one more recipe?  I have been stumbling all month.  Instead of my usual plan for the whole month, I have gone down to a week by week basis.  There have just been so many interruptions that it has made it difficult to plan.  

So yesterday morning I sat down to make sure I knew what we were doing for the week, and just got to the point that I could not think anymore.  I went to our local grocery store's website to see what their "combo locos" were for this week.  That is their little promotional system where you buy one item, and get anywhere from 1-6 additional items for free.  Sometimes it works for us, sometimes it doesn't.  Some of their combos are just out there...

I didn't see anything there, but did go to their recipe box and started looking through there.  I knew I wanted a chicken recipe for dinner based on the other recipes for this week, of course, I realized today that Eggplant Parmesan will not work in Friday since Sarge said he will not be there and that was one dish that he wanted to try making.

I found this interesting recipe that only calls for a handful of ingredients and is quick to assemble/cook.  So I thought I would give it a spin.  

Green Chili and Tomatillo stew is a wonderful product that definitely made this dish.  You just mix a jar of it with a bag of tortilla chips (you can use tortillas, but you would lose the crunch) and a package of precooked chicken fajitas.  Pour it into a casserole dish, top with cheese and bake for half an hour (enough time for a glass of wine, if you are not running out the door to pick up a child!!).  Pull it out of the oven and let it stand for 5 minutes.  Ta-Da!  Dinner is served.  

I may have start looking for other products by this company...or maybe start figuring out how to make this stuff from scratch...it was yummy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment