Friday, January 14, 2011

Procrastination

I remember back in college (high school is to far back to remember) waiting until the last minute to get my assignments done.  Freshman English final - write a paragraph, take a nap, write a paragraph, go grab something to eat all the while a friend would write her paper, correct it, rewrite it, correct again, and finally type it up. Remember this was before PCs and laptops.  I was happy that I had a typewriter that you could type in the whole line before it typed it out so you could fix a mistake.  AND it had the correction key on it.  So needless to say, my friend was ticked off when I got a higher grade than her.  My senior recital paper was a little better since it had to be 18-20 pages typed.  I know Scott was the same way growing up.  He ALWAYS waited until the last minute to do things that needed to be done.  He still does.  He waited until the day before to figure out what  he was going to take to Korea.


So I guess it shouldn't really surprise me that my kids are the same way.  All three of them wait until the last minute to get things done that need to be taken care of.  Whether it is studying for a Spelling Bee, or getting homework done.  Doing projects that were assigned several weeks ago, or studying for big tests.  Or packing and getting everything together that they need for school.  One calls me and asks me to bring stuff, another one tries to sneak it by me and cover it up.  You would think that the child would learn by now that I learn everything.  


I am seriously thinking of charging fines for forgetfulness.  I have not yet got my pricing pattern down, but it will increase based on how many times I have to take the same thing in.  (Like instruments, music, PE shoes, etc.)  I will post it as soon as I have an idea of what I am doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment